Let’s Start Our Case Study On SWOT.
Hotel X is a small privately owned hotel in Helsinki, Finland. More precisely it is located in Malmi, close to the Malmi train station and shopping mall Nova. The hotel was established in 1989. In the early 90’s the hotel was rented for a couple of years but then returned to its owners in 1994 and the owners have been practicing their hotel business at Hotel X since then.
The business idea of Hotel X is to provide accommodation and restaurant services to its customers. The CEO (chief executive officer) of the company is male and his wife operates as Hotel Manager. Additionally to the CEO and the hotel manager there are five permanent employees at the hotel. The restaurant services of the hotel are outsourced to another company.
In the hotel there are 39 rooms including single and double rooms as well as 3 suites. All of the rooms have air conditioning, minibar, telephone, TV and a shower. The hotel services also include a bar, buffet breakfast and lunch and ala carte restaurant in the evenings. Additionally there is also a sauna and a meeting room available. Hotel X also owns and rents two furnished apartments for guest’s staying for a longer period of time. The apartments are located near the Hotel X.
- Location Size of the hotel
- No outsourced workforce
- Privately owned family company
- Transportation connection to the center of Helsinki
- Home-like feeling
- Wireless internet
- Regular customers
- Individual service
- Hotel VIP club/ Hotel express
- Lack of Marketing
- Homepage on the internet
- Size of the hotel
- Communication between employees
- Slow seasons; summer and weekends
- Slow evening/nightlife
- Marketing,finding the rights distribution channels
- New fresh ideas
- Invitations to different companies to visit.
- Malmi’s other companies and sport organizations
- Kiinko leaving
- New hotels to Malmi
- Frequently changing personnel
ALSO SEE: SWOT